Did You Know?
- What is the Price and Quality Transparency Initiative?
- Why is MHA pursuing the Price and Quality Transparency initiative?
- Will this really have an effect on the quality of care provided?
- What data is included in the Quality Transparency Initiative?
- How often is the quality data reported?
- Will all hospitals have all information reported?
- Why do different websites have different values for quality of care?
- How were these measures selected?
- What factors may affect patients’ outcome of care?
- Can you compare hospitals from different communities?
- What do you mean when you say the data are “adjusted?”
- What is the source of data for quality measures?
- Do the state averages provide a comparison for all hospitals?
- What is a critical access hospital (CAH)?
- What is a pediatric hospital?
- What factors should I consider when choosing a hospital?
- Why can’t I find the diagnosis or medical condition I’m looking for?
- Why are ranges shown on the site?
- What’s the difference between a charge and expected payment?
- Why do hospital charges vary between hospitals?
- Why is hospital billing so complex?
- What’s the difference between Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance?
- What is Medicare?
- What is Medicaid?
- What is commercial insurance?
- I have commercial insurance. How much will I have to pay?
- What does self-payment mean?
- What if I don’t have insurance?
- For what procedures is there price information?
- What other information is listed for those procedures?
- Is there a minimum threshold for price reporting?
- How often is the price data reported?
- How are number of cases per year determined?
- Why are charges at pediatric hospitals different from other hospitals?
Community Investment Data
- What is community benefit?
- What is economic impact?
- What is charity care?
- What is bad debt?
- What is uncompensated care?
- What is unpaid costs of treating Medicare beneficiaries?
- What is unpaid costs of treating Medicaid beneficiaries?
- What are donations?
- What is meant by “education of health professions?”